Best Slow Cooker Short Ribs Recipe
This slow cooker ribs recipe is absolutely amazing. Perfect comfort food on a chilly day, like we are having here today in New Jersey.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef short ribs (last time I did 3.5 lbs and multiplied ingredients 1.5)
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package baby carrots
- 1 package small red or white potatoes
- Put flour, salt and pepper and ribs in a large ziplock bag and shake to coat (can leave this overnight in fridge).
- Brown ribs in butter in a large skillet.
- Put in slow cooker.
- In same skillet, combine remaining ingredients and bring to boil, stirring.
- Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 hours (or 1.5 hours high, – then add veggies – 3.5 hours low).